Virtual Engine are pleased to announce the version 1.4 release of the App-V 5 Configuration Editor (ACE). This (free) utility provides a simple user interface for editing App-V 5 dynamic configuration and manifest files, without manually hacking the underlying XML files.
This release requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above and contains several reported bug fixes along with:
- Support for App-V 5.1 (See excellent blog post by @ThamimKarim for a run down of what’s new in App-V 5.1);
- Ability to modify AppxManifest files to support the App-V 5.1 sequencer Export/Import feature;
- New Applications tab has been added, where you can Enable or Disable applications when published;
- Improved Error checking for missing data;
- New setting added to the User and Machine scripts that enables scripts to Run Asynchronously;
- Tool tips added to explain what various settings or options will do;
- New options added to the Shortcuts Context Menu that make it even easier to add new shortcuts;
- Ability to pop-out the Generated XML and Source XML into a separate viewable window;
- Comments have been added in the Generated XML file to make it easier to read each section;
- Drag and Drop support has been added to open the dynamic configuration files;
- Ability to save the Generated XML for use in App-V Scheduler.