The dynamic configuration and manifest files for App-V 5, provide a powerful mechanism to modify the settings associated with an App-V package when it’s deployed to a client or launched by a user. Unfortunately, it involves some manual manipulation and an detailed understanding of the XML schema/file structure. We all know what manual intervention and lack of a proper XML schema leads to; human errors!
As the latest addition to the toolkit it’s intended to simplify the modification of the App-V 5 Deployment/User Configuration (DeploymentConfig.xml and UserConfig.xml) and Manifest (AppxManifest.xml) files.
The simple GUI interface now allows App-V engineers to modify these files quickly and easily and cut out those pesky syntax errors!
- Ability to modify AppxManifest files to support the App-V 5.1 sequencer Export/Import feature;
- Turn on/off various global options for User or Machine configurations;
- Add/Edit User and Machine configuration scripts;
- View, Add, Edit and Delete the shortcuts defined within the App-V package;
- Define an executable, whose child processes will be terminated when the application .EXE process is terminated (TerminateChildProcesses);
- Disable specific applications from being added at publishing time;
- Preview the generated XML before saving the file.
- Ability to save the Generated XML for use in App-V Scheduler.
Refer to this page, which will guide you through using ACE.
Free to download and NO registration required. Just run the downloaded .MSI file and install in seconds.
NOTE: It does require the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above to be installed.