Application virtualisation is the separation of an application from the underlying Operating System. A fully virtualised application is not installed in the traditional sense, although it is still executed as if it were.
Encapsulating the files and registry elements of an application into a self-contained package enables organisations to deploy applications quickly, easily and securely without many of the headaches, risks or costs of regression and conflict testing associated with traditional techniques.
Application virtualisation helps to:
- Eliminates application conflicts and operating system instability resulting from desktop application installation.
- Reduces the costs associated with regression testing, deployment, maintenance, updates, and de-provisioning for applications being run locally on users’ machines.
- Enable roaming and free seating.
- Improve application security.
- Assists with application license compliance.
For more information on how application virtualisation can help you deliver a dynamic desktop to your users, please Contact Us.